Silicon carbide rods are extremely strong cylindrical shapes formed from reaction-bonded silicon carbide for use in high-temperature applications. Silicon carbide rods’s working temperature can be up to 1625°C (2927°F), available in a wide variety of standard sizes and geometries, or in customized designs to meet the specific needs of various processes and equipment. SiC rods have more excellent specific rate of heat zone resistance and cold end resistance, saving energy, long life, avoiding over-temperature of cold ends to damage the furnace body.
1. Low density
2. High strength
3. Low thermal expansion
4. High thermal conductivity
5. High hardness
6. High elastic modulus
7. Excellent thermal shock resistance
8. Superior chemical inertness
|Water Absorption||% @R.T.||0.0|
|Hardness||Moh’s||9 – 10|
|Compressive Strength||MPa @ R.T.||1725 – 2500|
|Tensile Strength||MPa @ R.T.||310|
|Modulus of Elasticity
|Flexural Strength (MOR)||MPa @ R.T.||324|
|Fracture Toughness, KIc||MPa x m1/2||4.0|
|Max. Use Temperature
(* denotes inert atm.)
|Thermal Shock Resistance||DT (ºC)||350 – 500|
|Thermal Conductivity||W/m-K @ R.T.||41|
|Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion, al||mm/m-ºC (~25ºC through ±1000ºC)||5.12|
|Specific Heat, cp||cal/g-ºC @ R.T.||0.15|
|Dielectric Constant||1MHz @ R.T.||10.2|
|Electrical Resistivity||Wcm @ R.T.||108|
1. Nonferrous metal Smelting industry.
2. Steel line using
3. Energy-saving line
4. Lining of high furnace to improve furnace age.
5. Stemming, down spouting and all kinds refractory brick of high furnace.
6. Silicon carbide ceramics is made by high quality sic fine powder, firing several wear-proof, acid- resisting and high temperature resistance parts.
Our silicon carbide rods are exported to USA, Canada, Europe, and South America and Southeast Asia.
Accept any repair of the product, help to improve technology for customer. And also provide long-term technical help and support for you.